Thursday, April 21, 2011

when I pray

I like to visualize myself in beautiful places.

If I have time, that is.

Sometimes I'm doing good just to get a quick, "Lord, help me through this day," or "God protect my family" -- so the visualization just doesn't happen.

But when I have the time . . . how wonderful it would be to sit at the feet of God in the green, lush mountains somewhere (where it's about 70 degrees) and tell him my struggles.  Have him stroke my hair as if I were a small child, and tell me everything's going to be ok.


But -- I can't just leave it at that.  The very mention of God, feet and hair -- who comes to mind?  For me it's Mary, the woman who used really expensive perfume to pour on Jesus.  Using her locks of hair, she wiped her tears from where they had dropped on his feet.  She adored him.  She worshiped him.

What a beautiful place that is, the feet of Jesus.

When we pray, we are there, at his feet.  Whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment