Saturday, April 23, 2011

precious

How precious is the very name of Jesus.  

Does it give you chills?

I certainly don't put any store by emotions ruling our relationship with Christ, please understand -- but something curious has begun to happen to me in the last few years that I really like. It has gotten to the point in my life that when I hear the name of Jesus, I feel jarred.  My heart skips a beat.  It's like a bolt of righteous lightning comes into my sinful world and shines bright for just a second and leaves me breathless.  It surprises me every time.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
 and gave him the name that is above every name,
 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:9-11

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't realize this was your blog when I saw it on my traffic sources. Then when I clicked on it I was immediately like "umm someone jacked that picture of the cross from our wedding!" Then I really started to get nervous when I recognized another picture from a family vacation. Then I realized it was you...that makes way more sense!

    ReplyDelete